- Unless explicitely mentioned, rulings for the Riichi Montréal Open 2019 will be aligned with the tournament rulings from NARMA’s latest publicly available revision. For further details, please refer to the WRC.
- There will be four (4) games held on Saturday September 28, two (2) in the morning and two (2) in the afternoon. Exact schedule during the day is still subject to further change by the Club.
- There will be four (4) games held on Sunday September 29, two (2) in the morning and two (2) in the afternoon. Exact schedule during the day is still subject to further change by the Club.
- The last two (2) games on Sunday September 29 are final games. Trophies or medals will be given to the eight (8) finalists. Please note that there is no semi-final, the final will be played over two hanchans.
- We expect good will and fair sportsmanship from all attendees, be they players or staff. Once a game is finished, we ask players to give their final scores in a timely fashion, and respect those that are still playing by leaving the room quietly.
Lunch on both days of the tournament are offered free of charge by the Club! All players are invited to participate and engage with other attendees during lunchtime.
Prizes are still to be determined. Entry fees and all expenses to that event are the responsibility of the player. Players eligible for this award have 15 days to confirm their participation: this award is not transferrable to a third party. If a player is unable to use this award, it will be awarded to the next best ranking player at the tournament.
Other prizes will not exceed a total value of CAD 100, as per laws set by the Government of Quebec and the Régie des alcools, des courses, et des jeux du Québec.
The rankings will be posted online to the riichiout tournament page when they will be available. We will also try to provide updates to the page after each hanchan.