- Rulings for the Riichi Montréal Open 2022 will be aligned with the WRC. Please consult this link for the WRC rules. Note that the rules got some slight changes recently.
- There will be four (4) games held on Saturday June 11, two (2) in the morning and two (2) in the afternoon. Exact schedule during the day is still subject to further change by the Club.
- There will be four (4) games held on Sunday June 12, two (2) in the morning and two (2) in the afternoon. Exact schedule during the day is still subject to further change by the Club.
- The last two (2) games on Sunday June 12 are final games. Trophies or medals will be given to the eight (8) finalists. Please note that there is no semi-final, the final will be played over two hanchans.
- We expect good will and fair sportsmanship from all attendees, be they players or staff. Once a game is finished, we ask players to give their final scores in a timely fashion, and respect those that are still playing by leaving the room quietly.
Lunch, snacks, coffee and tea on both days of the tournament are offered free of charge by the Club! All players are invited to participate and engage with other attendees during lunchtime. Please follow the sanitary rules that will be communicated by the tournament organizers.
Trophies and medals will be awarded to the top performers.
These prizes will not exceed a total value of CAD 100, as per laws set by the Government of Quebec and the Régie des alcools, des courses, et des jeux du Québec.
The rankings will be posted online to the riichiout tournament page when they will be available. We will also try to provide updates to the page after each hanchan.