- The rules used in the Online Fall Montréal Riichi Tournament will be as close as possible to the WRC rules as permitted by Mahjong Soul tournament lobbies. See the #règles-rules channel on the Discord server for the complete list.
- The participants are expected to check in on Saturday on the tournament Discord server at the following time :
12:00 (noon) Eastern Daylight Time;
09:00 Pacific Time;
18:00 Central European Time;
03:00 Australia Eastern Daylight Time (it starts on October 3, on the day of the tournament!)
The games are expected to start one hour later.
- The tournament structure will be a four-hanchan round robin, followed by a single hanchan final.
- The last game on Saturday October 2 is a final game. The scores for the finalists will be reset going into this final game.
- We expect good will and fair sportsmanship from all attendees, be they players or staff. Once a game is finished, we ask players to give their final scores in a timely fashion, and respect those that are still playing by joining the general voice chat lobby.
- Respect the other players at every moment during the tournament
- Swimsuit outfits (Beach Party series) are banned for this tournament. Use of one in a game will result in an automatic DQ. You can use the other outfits.
- When streaming, use at least a 5 minute delay
- Outside or tool-assisted help is forbidden. You are only allowed to use a yaku sheet and a points table.
- When beginning a match, you commit to playing it through completion. Rage-quitting is not allowed and will result in a DQ.
- You can use emotes, but do not delay the game unnecessarily.
Failure to respect the etiquette rules can lead to sanctions ranging from a warning to a DQ, to a ban from Montréal events.
No prizes will be awarded this year.
The rankings will be posted online to the riichiout tournament page when they will be available. We will also try to provide updates to the page after each hanchan.